As our lifestyles are ever-changing, so to is spectacle lens technology. New advances bring new solutions to our eyewear needs. From advanced anti-fog lens coatings to lenses designed specifically for the demands of driving, there is an almost endless choice of options.
As an independent opticians, we are able to offer you the widest range of lenses including Essilor . We can recommend the very best lens options to suit your prescription, lifestyle and budget.
Lens options include:
- Thin and light lenses – up to 50% thinner than a standard lens
- Impact resistant materials – ideal for rimless glasses
- Freeform varifocal technology – individually designed varifocals to increase clear viewing angles and reduce distortion.
- Computer specific lenses – vocational lenses perfectly suited to the demands of an office environment.
- Transitions lenses – the latest generation of photochromic lens.
- Sport specific tints – designed to give you that extra edge in your chosen sports.
- Polarised sunglasses – to significantly reduce glare.
- Drivewear technology – lens technology that combines a photochromic lens with polarisation. These lenses adapt their depth of tint depending upon the amount of visible light (not uv light as with conventional photochromics). They are perfectly suited for driving.
- Anti-Glare/Anti-scratch coatings – some coatings include a dust/oil repellent layer, an anti-fog treatment and even a 2 year guarantee against scratching.
Knowing exactly which lens/ combination of lenses is right for you can be daunting with such a wide choice on offer. Our highly trained staff can assess you prescription and lifestyle to recommend the very best options to suit your budget. This could be varifocals for shopping, contact lenses for social occasions, thin and light lenses for high prescriptions, whichever option is recommended, it will be individually recommended for your specific needs.
If you already have an up to date prescription (usually within 2 years), you can book an eyewear consultation free of charge.